Friday, April 19, 2013

How We Are Seen

When we look at each other what do we see first?

More often than not, we look for one another’s faults. It’s human nature. By reveling in someone else’s downfall or misfortune, we artificially inflate our own self-worth. If we could illustrate the amount of our sins versus the extent of our faith and good works, we could use a simple vertical bar. For example, take a look at the following group of folks. With one glance, you immediately glean what kind of people they are. This is how we see each other. Well, sort of…




Listen to some of the secret thoughts below to realize how we really see each other.

Becky thinks: "What a loser Carol is. She drinks all the time and the few times she comes to Church, she smells like booze. Glad I'm not like her. I'm in church every week, I pray all the time, and I read my Bible every day."


Ted thinks: "Wow, look how bad Sue is! I bet that's why her husband was broken at the altar last Sunday. She's probably cheating on him."


Greg thinks: " Sue thinks she is so much better than me. At least I don't do as many bad things as she does."
Bill thinks: "It seems like for every step forward, I take a step back. At least I'm trying harder than George, though."


So how does God see us??

If we have accepted Jesus as our Savior and have asked for forgiveness of our sins, then God sees us through the righteous blood of Jesus Christ. We are redeemed only through His blood, which cleanses us from our sins. The blood of Jesus should purge our minds of the dead works of ourselves and others so that we can better serve God.
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace (Ephesians 1:7 KJV)
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Hebrews 9:14 KJV)
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:1 KJV).


How should we see each other?

If the Bible says there is no condemnation, then should we continue to condemn the people around us? No!! But, exactly how do we change our perception? By looking at the good in people instead of the bad.  

 Lord, please take the precious blood of Jesus and wash our eyes so that we may see more clearly. Amen.
 
 

















1 comment:

  1. Beyr,
    Just beautiful! When God removes our sin as far as the east is from the west, He remembers it no more. A powerful reminder for us to view others through the blood of Christ!

    ReplyDelete