Parkinson's disease is frequently diagnosed based on symptoms such as stiffness of muscles, tremors, and slow movement. Although there are various methods of brain imaging for detecting this disease, all these methods are expensive. Medical researchers have recently designed a simple diagnostic system that only requires the person to read out loud a few sentences. Using this voice analysis technique, the researchers could consistently distinguish the Parkinson’s group of people from the healthy group.
I would like to suggest that Christians could use a similar voice analysis to determine which diseases they may be at risk for developing.
The Bible tells us that we are to live by our words. When we have the Holy Spirit in us, we have the power of God. Like when God spoke the world into existence, we as spirit-filled Christians have the power to create life and death with our words.
Have you ever seen anyone curse themselves with ailments? For example, have you ever heard anyone constantly say that he can’t remember anything anymore? The more he says it, the more forgetful he appears to become. I wonder how much of senility is actually self-inflicted.
What about other declarations such as: I’ll probably need knee replacement before I’m 50; my immune system is shot; or my dad had a heart attack when he was in his 40s, so I probably will too.
If we want to know what our health will be like in our future, perhaps we just need to listen to ourselves diagnose it today.
I’ve decided to take this early diagnosis technique and give it yet another twist. I’m trying to use my words today as not only a diagnosis for tomorrow, but also as a treatment. A tongue that brings healing is a tree of life (Pro 15:4), and I am choosing to speak a healthy life over myself and family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment